What is Formation?
Formation is the process by which a person is gradually “formed” into the life and spirituality of the Capuchin Franciscans. Initial formation involves several stages including: postulancy, novitiate, post-novitiate. Learn more about these different stages by clicking on one of the links at the bottom of the page.
What are the Basic Requirements?
Entry into the Capuchin formation program has several basic requirements. These include:
- Be a baptized and practicing Catholic man
- Single and without dependent children
- Between 18 and 40 years old
- With a high school or G.E.D. Diploma
- In good physical and mental health
- Free of debt (except college loans)